Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Round-Up

Cactus Wren



Summer is quickly coming to a close, and I find myself wondering where all the time has gone.

Golf has, I suppose, taken up a lion's share of it. What with playing rounds almost weekly with my family, and spectating at Jay's tournaments, I have spent many hours in the beautiful sunshine. I would also like to publicly give a huge CONGRATULATIONS! to Jay for winning his division in the Southwest PGA Antigua Jr. Tour. He did it through good play and, more importantly, with good sportsmanship, and I couldn't be happier for him.


I went through my stash, cleaning and organizing it for ease of use. It was like a delightful treasure hunt, reminding me of the fantastic things I've got squirreled away. It also served as a reminder that I really need to "shop" there first when starting a new project. I fear if I don't start doing that, I will reach S.A.B.L.E. in very short order.

There has been much knitting, spinning, cross-stitching, and even a touch of sewing. Sadly, this doesn't mean that I've finished much, and several of my finished items I can't yet talk about, but, at least there has been progress. I'm particularly excited about one of the projects that I finished, and I will be sharing those details in the next post.

We have enjoyed visits from some of our family, reminding me of how blessed I am to be related to such wonderful people. Whether we are related by blood, marriage, or heart, God has been very good to me.

No comments: