Saturday, December 13, 2008

For My Mother

With all that's gone on lately, I wanted to let the world know how precious my mother is. So mom, whether we have days, weeks, months, or years left, each hour is a gift; and I'm so glad to know you, and to call you mom.

For My Mother
by Brenda McCunn

With words I wish I could express
The joy you bring, the happiness
Your love imparts to all you meet.
With tenderness so sweet
Your gentle smile lights up each day.
Ever guiding by example, the way
In which the wise do tread.
Your life showing there is no dread
In giving all, selflessly, to those
You love. Forever changed are we whose
Lives have intertwined with yours.
Beyond this time your legacy soars
To generations who will rise and call you blessed.
©2008 Brenda McCunn All rights reserved.


Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many daughters have done well,
but you excel them all."
Proverbs 31: 28-29

No comments: