Monday, December 8, 2008

When It Rains...

October descended upon us with it's usual brand of crazy. 5 birthdays. All within one week. Two of them in. my. house. And the one we threw a party for, we all got unexpected presents. We had the unutterable joy of spending the next month ill. Thank God for antibiotics and OTCs that work, and that we are all now well. So, that was our October, and most of November, too.

Which brought us to Thanksgiving. Ilene came to spend the holiday with us, and she and I spent a quiet weekend at home while my guys spent the weekend racing. We had the traditional dinner of turkey with all the trimmings. I had fixed an 18 lb. turkey for 4 people thinking that we would have plenty of leftovers. It was all gone within a week. I couldn't believe it. But we enjoyed it. :)

Now that December has arrived, we do a little each day to decorate and get in the spirit. Jordan put up the tree, but has yet to add the decorations, I'm trying to do a bit of baking each day so that we can all get completely overloaded on sugar (because, seriously, what's Christmas without that???), and Jordan is LOVING the new tradition of the chocolate Advent calendar. I love this time of year.

No comments: