Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm So Excited!

I'm so excited I could burst!

Today I got the Knit Picks email which stated that the new catalog (July 2009) was up. Well, remember when I mentioned that I had a new job? Being a test/project knitter for Knit Picks is the job. And my first project for them is in this catalog. It's the white shawl on page 2 - Triangular Summer Shawl, knit in Knit Picks Bare Merino Wool Lace Yarn.


I loved, loved, loved knitting this.


The construction was a little unusual, the nupps fun to do, and it knitted up quite quickly.


Thank you Nancy Bush for such a lovely pattern (and book!) and thank you Knit Picks for the opportunity to knit for you - you're wonderful!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to get my catalog now. I iusually cant wait to get it but now tha I know one of the knitters for it it will be funner to get.

the little owl said...

I found your shawl (and blog) through Ravelry. Truly, well done - this is GORGEOUS! I have so many projects I need to finish, but I'm so tempted to run right out and start this project! :) Happy knitting!

Brenda M. said...

dnaprice: Thanks! I think they did an excellent job on the staging and photography. And it was so cool to open the catalog and see my shawl there. :)

the little owl: Thanks! Both for your kind words and stopping by. I checked out your blog and you do some lovely work. And I can't recommend this pattern highly enough - it was so delightful to knit.