Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Boring

A new month has arrived, and I have nothing to say really.

Last Saturday, the Knitwits met at my LYS, which, though small, was very accommodating and has some Really Lovely Yarns. I picked up 2 balls of Noro Silk Garden in colorway 84, and 3 hanks of King Tut cotton in 329. I don't currently have plans for either beyond a swatch of the Noro, but they were too beautiful not to buy.

I've finished knitting up a new pair of felted clogs for J. He went through his last pair so quickly that I've had to let him know that this pair has to last for a while or he must learn to knit. I've also started, and am half finished, knitting another pair for myself. Mine are starting to get a bit ragged and worn through on the bottom, so it's time. I figure that I'll just felt them at the same time when I've finished knitting mine. Pictures of before and after next time.

I had been spinning up the most beautiful bombyx silk, but my dog got ahold of the roving, and, though I saved it, I just haven't had the desire to finish it. I'm sure I will though, as I've plans to turn it into a swallowtail shawl, and am eagerly anticipating the knitting.

No comments: