Thursday, September 24, 2009

Raspberry Wheat Ale Messenger Bag

I was very fortunate to be able to knit the Raspberry Wheat Ale Messenger Bag from Pints and Purls for Knit Picks Fall 2009 catalog. The bag was knitted with Wool of the Andes in Dune Twist, and knit up fairly quickly on size 6 needles. The pattern calls for larger needles, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get gauge with anything larger. I seem to have become a bit of a loose knitter when I wasn't looking.


This would be a perfect knitting bag. It is large enough to hold a sweater, and the pockets would keep everything well organized.

The bag is knit in pieces and sewn together before felting, with the back pocket being sewn in after felting. I love the ribbon detail! Plenty of room in that pocket for a pattern and some accessories.

There are also 2 side pockets that are left unfelted and are sewn in at the end. These would be a great place to store needles, scissors, or other small accessories.

I really like this bag, and think I will have to knit one for myself. Pink and green will be the perfect combination for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend. You did a great job on this bag. Congrats on getting to test this for Knitpicks. It looks like it would make a great project bag. Can't wait to see the next one you make.
Tam

Brenda M. said...

Thanks Tam! It's a very good design, and one that would make a perfect knitting bag. That's what the one I'm going to make for me will be, anyway.