Thursday, August 12, 2010

Well, Hello Again

I've always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with technology.  On the one hand, it's a wonderful way to keep in touch, find things I'm looking for, and, in some ways, simplifies writing.  On the other hand, it is another thing I have to deal with and, for me, a bit of a time thief.  It's the discipline I lack.  I'm working on it. ;)

I also tend to be a bit of a procrastinating perfectionist, who lives what is, to my mind, a very happy, full, and ordinary, life.

So what does that have to do with anything?  Well, when the two get together I decide that nothing much is happening, so why write about it.  So I don't.  Then, of course, it's just easier to continue not to, even when there's bunches of things going on. 

And all that to say, yeah, it's been a while.  There has been a lot happening, I'll be updating as I can, and trying to stay a little more up-to-date.  I warn you, however, that this blog may be in serious danger of becoming a cooking blog in the process.  What can I say?  There's been a lot of cooking lately.  Maybe it's the weather.

Anyway.  Storms have damaged the local dog park, so I've been setting up playdates for Gypsy, and we've been taking some early morning walks.  The sunrises have been particularly beautiful.

Jay and I spent much of the summer focused on golf tournaments, where he did okay.  No, he didn't take home the top prize, but his game improved and he had an excellent time.  After the regular, local season came to a close, Jay opted to participate in the Oakley Challenge tournament in the big city, to extend the season, and the fun, for himself by another week.

It was very well run, the course was in excellent condition, Oakley and the course were giving out some participation prizes, and his teammates were all lovely people.  It was better ball format, and Jay had the best game of his life.  Despite not finishing it.

Jay was injured on the second to last hole.  He was scooping up his ball from the moving golf cart when he fell out, landing on his shoulder.  And breaking his collar bone.  Seriously.

Unbelievably, it looked even worse a week later.

The one on the right was the first one, the one on the left was after a week of "healing".  It's doing much better now, though he's going to have to wear the brace for another 5 weeks.  And stop falling out of golf carts.
There is a big change around here this year.  Jay decided he wanted to attend public school this year, for the first time in his life.  He had several reasons for wanting it, so after seven long hours spread over two days that were separated by a week (it was a nightmare, but at least we didn't fall out of any golf carts!), he's now a freshman at one of our local high schools.  Go Spartans!

One of the reasons he had for wanting this change was to join the golf team.  Yeah.  Considering the fact that he can't participate in ANY sports for the next 5 weeks, and that the golf season is only in the fall, well, that's not going to happen.  Poor kid.  Maybe next year.  If he stops falling out of golf carts.

Okay, okay.  I'll stop with the falling out of golf carts.

For now.       Tee hee!

Otherwise, he's enjoying the change and doing well so far.  It's only a week in, but still...

I, however, have been spending my time baking, cleaning, baking, crafting, baking, cooking, oh, and did I mention baking?  Good thing I enjoy it.

No comments: