Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Some of the lovely things I received in my stocking this year:


There are several patterns that I wish to make included in this book.


A pencil case, pencils, and note cards that all have a knitted design on them.  I had hoped that the pencil case might be large enough for an on-the-go sock knitting bag, but, alas, it is not.  I guess I'll just have to use it as an accessories case.  It's rough, I know. ;)


I loved these so much, I went back to Michael's Arts and Crafts to purchase even more.  There was even a serendipitous inclusion of a magnetic note pad.

I also received some gifts that enabled me to purchase this:



Nook 3G+WiFi, and the books The Unincorporated Man and The Unincorporated War, both by Dani and Eyton Kollin.  Of course, I've also been able to load several free ebooks offered by Barnes & Noble, as well as Project Gutenberg.

And this:


2 balls of Patons Stretch Socks yarn.  It's a blend of cotton, wool, nylon, and elastic.  I didn't have such a great experience the last time I tried stretchy sock yarn (different brand), but hopefully I've learned a bit better how to knit with it.  I've started some socks, and am anxious to see if they turn out like I'm hoping they will. 
 
I hope your stockings (and presents!) were also filled with some of your favorite things.

No comments: