Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday

What a delightful day!
After spending the morning knitting and visiting with the Knitwits, I headed off to the city for a yarn crawl.

A new store, Knit Happens, has recently opened so I had to check it out. And I walked away with these treasures:

Alpaca with a Twist's Socrates 4017 - a luscious blend of alpaca, merino wool, bamboo, and nylon fibers in a heathered green/blue/purple color. Definitely for *Special Socks*.
Also, Crystal Palace Yarn's Panda Silk 3014 - an incredible blend of bamboo, merino wool, and silk fibers in gray (the bamboo and silk lend a sheen that is simply beautiful).

Then I headed to Tempe Yarn and Fiber. I got a little lost, though, and ended up nearer to The Fiber Factory, so I went there next. I was able to get some superwash merino wool roving that I have big plans for.


Next I tried again to make it to Tempe Yarn and Fiber, and this time met with success. I received some excellent help and advice for a project I'm working on, and was able to get a copy of this delightful book:
A must read for every knitter.


In addition to all of this, I was able to visit and have dinner with my wonderful sister, Ilene. Now that's the way to spend a Saturday!




No comments: