Friday, October 3, 2008

Aprés-Ski Kerchief

A while ago I purchase the Georgian Sampler from Knit Picks. I love the colors. I love the yarns. I do not love the patterns that came with them. This left me with 6 balls of yarn I love, but didn't know what to do with, so they were set aside, added to my stash. Last week I embarked on a mission to get my UFOs completed and my stash better organized. During this organizing I rediscovered my Sampler pack. I took the package out and fondled the yarn; still love them. I took out the patterns; still do not love them. I was ready for a new project, having taken care of most of my UFOs, and this was the yarn I wanted to use. What to make? I grabbed a few of my books and began flipping through them. I opened Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick and was nearing the end, when I saw the Aprés-Ski Kerchief. I had been wanting to make this, and since it only required one ball, I knew this would be perfect for one of my Sampler yarns. But which one? In the end I chose the ball of Crayon. I modified the pattern just a bit, making I-cord ties and edging. I love it, even if it's not one of Scott's favorites.
Aprés-Ski Kerchief

No comments: