Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oddball Baby Blanket

The other baby blanket we're working on is based on the Oddball Blanket concept. Each of us will knit or crochet for a certain number of inches in whatever pattern we want using a worsted weight yarn. I didn't have worsted, so I did a sport and a fingering held together.


First section of the Oddball Baby Blanket


I worked my section using the large basket weave pattern using Bernat Softee Baby in Baby Pink Marl and Patons Beehive Baby in Baby Blue (I'm using a fingering weight which has apparently been discontinued). Originally the plan was to do an all pink blanket, but I decided to add a strand of baby blue to complement the pink. Also, that actually made it more a worsted. I'm pleased with how it came out, and I'm certain that the recipient will love the concept behind the blanket, and be able to laugh about the color if she ends up having another boy.

No comments: