Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tree of Life Afghan - Reloaded

The Knitwits have been working on a KAL for the Tree of Life Afghan by Nicky Epstein (Ravelry link). I had already made this (also a Ravelry link), and wasn't going to make it again, but circumstances arose that caused me to part with the original, so I joined in.


Lovely cabled twin trees and bobble flowers


I love the beauty (or according to some - barrenness) of the trees.


I added a crocheted edging instead of sticking to the pattern, as I had before, but this time I made it just a little bit lacey.


Lace edging detail


I love to cuddle under the blanket on a cold morning or winter's day.


The completed blanket

Too bad it's summer and 100ºF or more.

Ah well, it's only 6 months 'til I can really use it.

The yarn is Mary Maxim Starlette in Med. Willow that was left over from the original blanket. Which makes a different edging the only way to tell the two apart. Good thing I loved the first one so much.

No comments: