Saturday, January 9, 2010

2009 Wrap Up

It's a good thing I don't do New Year's resolutions, because I'd have already failed if I did.  I had toyed with the idea of making a resolution this year about being more regular in my updating here, however, knowing that making a resolution is the best way to get me to NOT do something, I refrained.

Hmm... Perhaps I need to add even contemplating something as a resolution, seeing as we're well into 2010 and I'm just now getting around to finishing this post (it's been languishing in my drafts).  Thankfully, I have a friend who lets me know when it's getting to be too long since I last posted.

Anyway,  2009 is over, 2010 has begun, so here's a look back at some of the things I did last year:

I participated in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks Challenge, (yes, I know that's almost like a resolution, but it says "challenge" right in the title so it doesn't count, okay?!) and actually finished the 52 books.  It was a close thing, though, as I finished the last book on New Year's Eve, and I had to start counting audiobooks which I had thought I wouldn't count in the beginning.  Some of them were new, some were old favorites, some got started and never finished (no, I didn't count those), and, much to my surprise as I'm usually a fiction gal, at least 1/4 of them were nonfiction.  As much as I enjoyed the books, I don't think I'll do this again, as I do believe I read less this year than ever before.

I took up a new hobby - golf.  This one has been particularly wonderful as it is one that I share with my husband and son, and it marks the first time that has ever happened.  Usually our interests are so divergent, or, on rare occasion, 2 of us will share an interest, but all 3 of us never happened.  Funny thing is that I'd tried it a few times before this and thought it an awful game.  This time I actually learned how the game is supposed to be played, and what I was supposed to be doing, and, astonishingly, that made all the difference.  Now if only I could improve my score...

On the knitting front, I managed to accomplish quite a bit more than I had expected.  Some of them were started in 2008, but all of them were finished in 2009.  Here's the list; the projects link to my Ravelry page, but if I don't have a picture for it, I didn't link it.

Projects completed:
Lines 'n Vines Cardigan
Mystery Stole 4
2 pairs of Felted Clogs
Tibetan Clouds Beaded Stole
2 mystery projects
Sidelines Sweater
Tropical Mer-tini Socks
Fanboy Socks
Secret of the Stole III
Tokena socks
Tree of Life Afghan
Cables and Textures Baby Sweater
Arizona Thermal Socks
Galveston Shawl
Calorimetry
Oscar Meyer Muffin Sweater
Triangular Summer Shawl
Swallowtail Shawl

So, obviously, I won't be making any resolutions for 2010, but I'd like to pass on a blessing for the New Year that I found at grif.net:

May peace break into your home and may thieves come to steal your debts.
May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $50 bills.
May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips.
May happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy
May the problems you had, forget your home address.

In simple words . . . may 2010 be the best year of your life.

No comments: