Monday, January 25, 2010

A Tea Party

For Christmas this year I received a lovely tea package consisting of a cookbook, a selection of teas, and a measuring spoon from the Fairmont Empress in Victoria, B.C.


 

On Saturday I was fortunate enough to host a tea party with my knitting group.  We all decided that dressing up was required - a hat and/or a shawl.  Everyone's hats and shawls were lovely, but I must admit I find hats to be a bit of an inconvenience when indoors.

On the menu:
  • Salmon Rolls on Rye Bread
  • Cucumber Sandwiches on White Bread
  • Curried Chicken Sandwiches on Rye Bread
  • Egg Salad Sandwiches on Multigrain Bread
  • Orange Cream Scones
  • Empress Scones
  • Mockshire Cream
  • Scottish Shortbread
  • Russian Tea Cakes
  • Fresh Fruit Tart
  • Fresh Fruit Salad
  • Earl Grey Tea Cake
  • Fairmont Empress Blend Tea
  • Fairmont Earl Grey Tea
  • Vanilla Caramel Truffle Tea
The food turned out well, the company was excellent, and a good time was had by all.  I wish you all could have been there.

The one thing I promised myself I'd remember and then promptly forgot?  My camera.  (Sigh)  One of these days I will actually remember to take pictures of these types of things. 

3 comments:

wiz3283 said...

Thanks again Brenda for a wonderful day full of fun, food and good friends. I had a great time. I felt like I was completely spoiled rotten. ((((HUGS)))))
Tammy

Brenda M. said...

Thanks Tammy! I was so glad you all were able to make it -- despite the flooding and road closures!
Bren

the little owl said...

I think hats and shawls should always be required at a tea party! :) Sounds like a lovely menu - I hope you ladies had a wonderful time...

Oh, and thanks for linking my blog! What a compliment!