Friday, January 20, 2012

O Mio Babbino Caro

Just wanted to share a lovely version of one of my favorite arias.



Lyrics:
O mio babbino caro,                                     Oh my dear father,                    
mi piace, è bello bello,                                  I like him, he is very handsome.
vo’andare in Porta Rossa                              I want to go to Porta Rossa
a comperar l’anello!                                      to buy the ring!
Si, si, ci voglio andare!                                 Yes, yes, I want to go there!
E se l’amassi indarno,                                   And if my love were in vain,
andrei sul Ponte Vecchio                               I would go to Ponte Vecchio
ma per buttarmi in Arno!                              and throw myself in the Arno!
Mi struggo e mi tormento,                            I am pining and I am tormented,
O Dio! Vorrei morir!                                     Oh God! I would want to die!
Babbo, pietà, pietà!                                      Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!
Babbo, pietà, pietà!                                      Daddy, have mercy, have mercy!

No comments: