Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Earrings

As I currently have about a bajillion projects going with no completions in sight, I decided today would be a good day to make a pair of earrings.  They are quick, easy, pretty, and provide a sense of accomplishment.

 
I got out my stash of jewelry making supplies, and gathered together the items I wanted to use.

I trimmed two pieces (approx. 3 in. long) of silver 26 gauge beading wire.



I then bent the ends to act as a stopper, so that the very small seed beads wouldn't slide off.




I sorted the beads, wire, and clasps into earring groups,



and slid the beads on the wire.  I added the clasp, trimmed the wire to size, then twisted and pinched the end to secure.  One done, one to go!






When both were finished, I tried them on and took some pictures, but I'll spare you having to look at them.  Believe me, it's for the best.  Here's the completed pair.



All supplies were purchased at Michael's.
To make the pair I used:
4 11/0 Blue Moon silver glass seed beads, 4 6/0 Jewelry Essentials iridescent green glass seed beads, 4 blue-green faceted beads (the label was missing, so I don't have the info), 2 blue and silver spacer beads (again with missing label), 2 Jewelry Essentials lever back earring findings, and Jewelry Essentials 26 gauge beading wire.

No comments: