Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 8: Time With Friends

Today I was able to spend the afternoon having lunch and visiting with my good friend, Pat. She's one of those wonderful friends that, no matter how long it's been since you've gotten together, you just pick up where you left off.

We had lunch at Raimondo's, where the curb appeal is unprepossessing, the ambiance merely okay, the service slow, and the food utterly delicious. Seriously. If you're ever in downtown Phoenix, take the time to eat there. If you're wondering, I had the vegetable lasagna made with gray zucchini, steamed veggies, and soup of the day - potato bacon. It's so good. One nice thing about the service is that despite the fact that we spent nearly 2 1/2 hours at lunch, there was never any pressure to hurry.

I loved being able to catch up with my friend, and I hope that everyone will make the time to spend with the people they care about. After all, that is the best gift of all.

No comments: